This page describes what cookies are and why we use them. We will also share sites showing more information and explain how you can prevent these cookies from being stored if you wish to. Please be aware however, that this may downgrade or stop certain elements of our website's functionality.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. The cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. They enhance a website user's experience and allow us to make our website work.
More information about cookies can be found at the third-party website of the International Commissioners Office (ICO) which includes links to other advisory sites. The site Your Online Choices gives information related to online advertising.
This website uses different types of cookies, once you agree using the button on the pop-up Cookie banner. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
- Necessary cookies are needed in order to make a website function. Basic functions such as page navigation require these cookies to work properly.
- Session cookies may be used during a browser session for a variety of purposes such as security or remembering what a user has put in their shopping basket as they browse. Session cookies expire after a browser session and are not stored.
- Persistent cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by allowing the preferences or actions of the user to be remember. They are stored on a users’ device in between browser sessions and help ensure the users experience is enhanced and relevant by gathering and remembering information about their preferences.
- Statistical cookies are used to compile broad visitor statistics such as how many visitors have come to our website, what type of device they used and what pages were looked at. This helps us to continuously improve our website.
- Re-Marketing and Advertising cookies are widely used by websites to track visitors. This helps keep any applicable content such as ads, relevant and engaging for the individual user. For your protection, the process is entirely anonymized.
- Social Media cookies allow you to easily “like” or share our content on social media channels, where we have included sharing buttons on our site. Please be aware that the privacy implications on this will vary and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on each social network. The settings on these sites give you control over the personal data you allow us to have access to.
It's your Choice
You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
- Disabling Cookies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Your browser Help section will show you how to do this. Be aware that disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and may disable some of its functionality and features. Unfortunately, in most cases, there are no industry standard options for disabling cookies without disabling the site functionality.
- Opting-out of Advertising Cookies: You can use the third-party website Your Online Choices to opt-out of almost all advertising cookies.
- Social Media Cookies: The privacy settings you have chosen on each social network site give you control over the personal data you allow us to have access to.